HOW CAN USING TECHNOLOGY BETTER HELP YOU?
Hi, I’m Mike Reading and I am a Google Certified Teacher and Trainer & Microsoft Master Educator.
My team of Microsoft, Google, and Apple Certified trainers help people just like you use technology better.
OUR MOTTO: No More Boring Training Sessions!
As a teacher I sat through way too many boring training sessions. As a business owner, too often I would attend training that was outdated, irrelevant or where the trainer clearly didn’t want to be there.
I still get cranky when I think about the time wasted, and momentum lost as yet another tool was paraded in front of me with no time taken to explain how this would benefit me.
Our fundamental commitment to you is that the training we provide will be relevant, fun and engaging.
WE DON’T TAKE A COOKIE CUTTER APPROACH TO YOUR TRAINING:
We provide training for companies and schools ranging from a handful of staff to multiple thousands of employees spread over a number of campuses.
NO TWO SITUATIONS ARE THE SAME.
• You won’t see us walk in with our training manual
• We won’t try and change everything - why do trainers assume that everything is broken?
• We will take the time to understand your unique strengths and challenges and tailor your training to suit your needs
YOU GET UP TO DATE TRAINING THAT IS WORKING NOW:
We use technology every day in our own business and schools, and only show you what is proven to work now
(not when we wrote our program).
• Teachers currently teaching
• ICT directors of large schools
• Running companies with a mixture of remote and local staff
Our range of training, products and services can help you cut through the noise and opinion and show you what will work consistently in your context with minimal frustration and resistance.
MEET THE TEAM:
Mike Reading: Founder and Lead Trainer. Mike is Australia and New Zealand's only Microsoft Master trainer & Google Certified Teacher and Trainer.
As an ex teacher, Mike’s passion and specialty is in helping teachers to use technology better to increase the motivation and engagement of their students.
Mike is also highly regarded by businesses of all sizes as someone who can connect with staff and improve efficiency, productivity and motivation.
Mike Specialises in:
- Using technology to enhance student engagement
- Google Apps for Education implementation strategies
- Microsoft office 365 training for teachers and businesses
- Bring your own device strategies and consulting
- Bridging the gap between the I.T staff and classroom teachers, creating a shared vision across the school.
Blake Seufert: Blake is a Google Certified Individual is a deployment and I.T Infrastructure expert. He is the Systems Manager at McKinnon Secondary College in Melbourne.
Blake is well regarded in the I.T industry, and is often called upon by Google and other technology resellers for his advice on how to best implement technology to support better learning outcomes.
Blake specialises in:
• Change management
• Infrastructure planning and automation
• Google Apps and Chromebook management
Adrian Francis: Adrian is the Director of Student Learning at Concordia College Adelaide. No matter what I.T platform you are using, Adrian can offer expert training.
He is a Google Certified Teacher, an Apple Distinguished Educator, and an Accredited Microsoft Peer Coaching Master Facilitator.
Adrian Specialises in:
• Integrating ICT into the maths curriculum
• Online assessment and immediate feedback automation - (auto-grading assessments and systems for providing that immediate feedback)
• Establishing collaborative projects at a local, national and international level, where students learn through creatively solving real world problems
Steve Brophy: Steve is the Director of ICT & eLearning for Ivanhoe Grammar School in Melbourne. As a teacher, he is incredibly passionate about learner development and the power of technology to enable learners to take the reins of their own learning.
Steve is highly adept at all I.T. platforms and can tailor learning programs to suit any environment.
Steve specialises in:
- Developing digital strategy and vision
- Building pedagogical capacity in staff to utilise technology to make great learning happen
- Digital literacy
- Design thinking and agile learning strategies
Samantha Vardanega: Samantha has more than ten years experience in the education sector and is passionate about helping others find innovative ways to teach, learn, research and work together. She has an extensive background in technology training and support, business analysis and change management. This diverse skillset has enabled her to make many significant contributions to high-value projects in the tertiary education sector.
Samantha is a highly experienced and respected technology trainer who can be relied on to deliver sessions that are energetic, inspiring and build real skills. She is a Google for Education Certified Innovator and Certified Trainer, and is currently completing a Master of Education.
Samantha Specialises in:
- Google Apps for Education
- Tertiary education
- Organisational change management
- Maximising administrative productivity
Adam Vardanega: Adam Vardanega is a VCE Chemistry and general science teacher and the eLearning Coordinator at Rosebud Secondary College in Victoria. He is passionate about using creative pedagogies to spark a love of learning in his students.
Adam became a Google for Education Certified Innovator in 2013, and has since been working with other teachers to re-energise their teaching methods for 21st century learners.
Adam specialises in:
Google Apps for Education
Implementing the flipped classroom model
Designing and delivering engaging professional development programs
Effective utilisation of learning management platforms
Eleni Kyritsis: Eleni Kyritsis is a primary school teacher from Melbourne. She has a passion for building creativity through project based learning. She is been awarded the 2016 DLTV Educator of the Year award, is a Google Certified Trainer & Innovator, Hapara Certified Educator, Founder of TeachTechPlay and Creator of th Genius Hour Fair.
Eleni Specialises in:
Classroom implementation of digital tools to support teaching and learning
Creative lesson design
Global learning through connecting and collaboration
Student Voice & Feedback
Project Based learning
Google Apps For Education
Hapara Teacher Dashboard
- MIE Expert
Nick Christie: Nick is a Year 6 classroom teacher at St Clare’s Catholic School in Townsville. He is the E-Learning Guide at his school and works with teachers to help them implement ICT’s in their classrooms as well as using it in his own classroom every day.
Nick is a Level 2 Google Certified teacher and looks at how to practically implement ICT’s in the classroom to support teaching and learning.
Nick specialises in:
- Implementing Technology, particularly Google Apps, to support teaching and engage learners
- Supporting teachers and support staff to increase confidence in the use of Technology in the classroom
Clint Bullock: Clint is a senior secondary English and Digital Technologies teacher, E-learning guide and I.T coordinator at Gilroy Santa Maria College. He is focussed on improving efficiencies in both engagement and outcomes through the use of technology for both teachers and students.
Clint is a Google Certified Educator and is passionate about working with teachers to develop their sense of confidence and creativity when using technology in the classroom.
Clint Specialises in:
Developing strategies to allow for differentiation and engagement of learners.
- Google Apps for Education
- Digital literacy and pedagogical practice in staff
- Flipped Classroom implementation
Mark Herring: Mark is a digital learning specialist and a full time trainer at Using Technology Better. Based in New Zealand with over 10 years experience as digital learning leader in schools, Mark understands what it takes to structure digital learning programmes that ‘flow’ and is known for demonstrating ‘creative learning’ approaches for maximum learning outcomes.
Mark is an Apple PD Consultant, a Google Certified Educator, and experienced with STEM education initiatives and strategies for the new digital curriculum for schools.
Mark specialises in:
- iPads for Learning
- Google Apps for Education
- Digital Creative Literacies
- Digital Learning Workflow
- Communication and Social Media Strategy