It’s February, and that means Safer Internet Day! We’ve celebrated by putting together an online safety themed episode of the Using Technology Better Show for you.
Waiting for you inside this edition are Karla Sanders, Mark Herring and Adrian Francis, sharing:
- what they wouldn’t do when helping their students learn about digital safety,
- why it is important to prioritise student privacy from a young age,
- the role of student and parent technology agreements,
- how to engage parents in the digital safety conversation,
- how to configure your privacy settings and family safety settings in Microsoft Edge,
- options for configuring age-appropriate device and app settings at the administrator level,
- why Insert Learning is a great tool for curating content for students, and how to get started with it.
You can check out the show below.
Links from the show
Let’s think about digital safety - an independent Book Creator resources for students!
Often the resources we share are for teachers – but this month we’ve put one together especially for students.
The idea is that they can read it independently. It’s been created with one of our favourite tools – Book Creator – so they can even listen to it instead if they want.
It’s full of tips about how to be safe online and includes some fun activities they can do.
Simply copy the link and share away! utb.fyi/digimag1