Build your unique leadership strengths and increase your influence by becoming a UTB Certified Leader.
The Certified Leader Program consists of 12 modules completed over 12 months, each designed to develop your leadership and change management skills that will benefit your school, team and classroom.
While others are just talking about school improvement and transformation,
we are busy getting the job done.
All modules below are covered over the course of the 12-month program and are run over four terms. We accept one intake each term (as numbers allow) and this cohort is facilitated over the four terms with the modules in the sequence below.
• Getting Started: Orientation and making connections.
• How to set goals and establish routines to increase your effectiveness and decrease your workload.
• School Transformation Framework: How to plan strategically for school and classroom change.
• Change Management and the GROWTH cycle of coaching processes.
• Utilising andragogy, heutagogy and pedagogy to better understand your learners.
• Understanding the learning design process.
• Courageous Conversations: Deepening your skills to help others grow and develop.
• Deepening your coaching frameworks and skills.
• 5 Levels of Leadership: How to increase your leadership skills through a focus on relationship building.
• Working Genius: Understanding the 6 different working geniuses as a framework for productivity and a tool for identifying your own strengths and weaknesses.
• Working Genius: Recognising, valuing and working with the different types of geniuses around you.
• Project Expo: Celebrating and sharing project highlights and learnings.
Having the UTB leaders’ Support has helped me develop into a confident leader in the school environment. the skills and resources shared throughout the program have been put into action and have proven how important they are.
The program is a great way to connect with like-minded educators who support
learning and self-inquiry.
The Certified Leader Program has enabled me to gain confidence in myself and my abilities, as well as learn from the connections with other like-minded educators around the country.
I have enjoyed the Certified Leader Program. I have built my confidence and learnt a lot about myself. I have learnt how to manage my time and be an effective leader by leading in a positive way that gets everyone involved and ensures everyone feels heard.
I loved the idea of working in 12-week blocks. Being an agent of change can sometimes be overwhelming but working in smaller blocks of time with measurable outcomes makes all the difference. You can get a lot achieved!
The Certified Leader Program has allowed me to set my own DT leadership goals relevant to our school, with support provided from the 1:1 mentoring and group coaching calls. The Growth model has helped me create achievable actions.
I’ve also benefited from the connections with others on the program; connections I hope will be ongoing.