How to schedule an email in Gmail
One of the most frequent questions I am asked by people who are transitioning from Outlook to Gmail is “How do you schedule an email in Gmail?”. At present there isn’t a built in feature in Gmail that enables you to schedule emails. However there is a browser extension called Boomerang for Gmail that provides this functionality (and a lot of other great features!). In this blog post, I’ll show you how to install this extension and start scheduling your emails.Want to schedule an email in #Gmail? Here’s how to do it! Click To Tweet
Step 1: Install Boomerang for Gmail
1. Visit https://www.boomeranggmail.com/ and click the Add this to your Gmail button.
2. Click the Add extension button (or similar) to add the extension.
3. Your Gmail will load in a new tab and a welcome tour will be shown. Click Next to work through the tour.
Note: The free version of Boomerang will allow you to schedule a maximum of 10 emails per month. If you want to use it more, check out their subscription information.
Step 2: Schedule an email to be sent later
1. Compose an email.
2. Click the Send Later button at the bottom of the compose window.
3. Choose the time you want to send the message at.
4. The message will be scheduled.
Note: The first time you use Boomerang to schedule a message, you may be prompted to give Boomerang permission to your Gmail account. This is required for the extension to function. You may need to select your scheduling settings again after granting these permissions.
5. The scheduled email will be shown in the Boomerang-Outbox label until it is sent.
Want to learn more Gmail tips and tricks! Contact us today to find out about our Gmail Deep Dive workshop.
Want to see a video of this feature? Check out this one from Boomerang for Gmail.