You’ll discover the best tips and tricks to use your device with Google, Apple or Microsoft to stay organised and communicate with others. We’ll show you some of the best apps, extensions and tools available that will make a real difference to how your students engage with content and show what they know.
From voice typing, screen readers, picture dictionaries and other great tools for learners with visual or hearing impairments, this workshop will get you hands-on to explore what is possible at little or no cost.
Not only will your students benefit, but you will also learn how to use technology to communicate more effectively and stay organised!
FYI: New MoE Teachers Aide Pilot Fund Covers Course Costs and Wages (details below in FAQ)
Registering as a group? See the FAQ for discounts.
Lunch and morning tea provided.
Yes. If registering 3 or more teachers from your school, use the code utb3off to receive a 10% discount. If registering 5 or more teachers from your school, use the code utb5off to receive a 20% discount.
Once you have registered your spot in the TA program above, you also need to register with the MoE (following the steps below) to be refunded.
The new Teacher aide PLD Pilot fund is available to cover the cost of the course, travel and accommodation (where necessary) as well as covering teacher aide wages for the time you are attending the PLD course.
There are six simple steps required to do this:
1. Check with your supervisor and principal, tumaki or whoever approves your school’s PLD that the training fits your needs.
2. Set up an Education Sector Logon and fill in the application form.
3. The MoE will receive and process your application.
4. When approved you and your principal will be notified.
5. Arrange the PLD
6. Your school or kura will send an invoice to the MoE for course costs, attendance time, travel and accommodation after the PLD is complete.
You can find all the details of the process here!