How can USING TECHNOLOGY BETTER help you?
Using Technology Better specialises in working with corporate, government and education clients.
Our trainers all have extensive facilitation experience and understand the process of best delivering content in a way that is ENJOYED, not ENDURED. Our fundamental commitment to you is that the training we provide will be relevant and engaging.
No more boring training sessions!
Our team can:
- Provide certified training in Google,
Apple and Microsoft tools and devices
- Provide ‘Train the Trainer’ opportunities for key staff through our Certified Trainer Program
- Guide you as you design and deploy a technology plan that serves the needs of all stakeholders
- Provide customised solutions for your needs
Our fundamental commitment to you is that the training
we provide will be relevant, fun and engaging.
What Makes Our Training Different?
We don’t take a cookie cutter approach to your training:
We provide training to business and education clients who range from having a handful of staff, to thousands of employees spread over multiple national and international sites
No two situations are the same.
- You won’t see us walk in with our training manual
- We will take the time to understand your unique strengths and challenges and tailor your training to suit your needs
CERTIFIED TRAINING FOR
Meet The Team
Founder and Lead Trainer. Mike is Australia and New Zealand's only Microsoft Learning Consultant & Google Certified Teacher and Innovator.
As an ex teacher, Mike’s passion and specialty is in helping teachers to use technology better to increase the motivation and engagement of their students.
Mike is also highly regarded by businesses of all sizes as someone who can connect with staff and improve efficiency, productivity and motivation.
- Using technology to enhance student engagement
- G Suite for Education implementation strategies
- Microsoft office 365 training for teachers and businesses
- Bring your own device strategies and consulting
- Bridging the gap between the I.T staff and classroom teachers, creating a shared vision across the school.
Tim is passionate about integrating technology in meaningful ways. He is experienced in large scale change management as well as designing innovative learning experiences for students of all ages. Tim is passionate about innovation and is able to offer creative solutions to meet any need. Tim is a Google Certified Trainer, Apple Teacher and a Microsoft Innovative Educator.
- School Transformation
- Instructional design
- Learning design
- Strategic planning
No matter what platform your organisation uses, Adrian has it covered.
Adrian is a Apple, Google and Microsoft Certified Trainer.
Adrian's expertise lies in leadership development and creating sustainable learning environments.
- Integrating ICT into the maths curriculum
- Online assessment and immediate feedback automation – (auto-grading assessments and systems for providing that immediate feedback)
- Establishing collaborative projects at a local, national and international level, where students learn through creatively solving real world problems
Samantha has more than ten years experience in the education and business sector and is passionate about helping others find innovative ways to teach, learn, research and work together. She has an extensive background in technology training and support, business analysis and change management. This diverse skillset has enabled her to make many significant contributions to high-value projects in the tertiary and corporate sectors.
Samantha is a highly experienced and respected technology trainer who can be relied on to deliver sessions that are energetic, inspiring and build real skills.
She is a Google for Education Certified Innovator and Certified Trainer, and is currently completing a Master of Education.
- G Suite for Education
- Tertiary education
- Organisational change management
- Maximising administrative productivity
Lara brings passion and enthusiasm to her role as a trainer with Using Technology Better. With over fourteen years of classroom experience, spanning three continents she has a broad understanding of education and innovation.
Lara is constantly learning and loves sharing up to the minute tools and ideas that make learning engaging and exciting for students and teachers.
- GSuite for Education
- Minecraft Education Edition
- Student Agency
- Student Voice
- Integrative, creative lesson design
- Teacher efficiency
After more than 30 years of classroom teaching, many in management positions, Donna is now a full time trainer with UTB. She has been involved in leading the implementation of digital technologies into schools and developing digital fluency with both staff and students.
She is a qualified Apple teacher, a Certified Microsoft Innovative Educator and a Certified Google Trainer.
- Enhancing student engagement
- Developing effective digital pedagogy
- Change management strategies
- STEAM integration
Blake is a Google Certified Individual is a deployment and I.T Infrastructure expert. He is the Systems Manager at McKinnon Secondary College in Melbourne.
Blake is well regarded in the I.T industry, and is often called upon by Google and other technology resellers for his advice on how to best implement technology to support better learning and business outcomes.
- Change management
- Infrastructure planning and automation
- G Suite and Chromebook management
Eleni Kyritsis is a primary school teacher from Melbourne. She has a passion for building creativity through project based learning. She is been awarded the 2016 DLTV Educator of the Year award, is a Google Certified Trainer & Innovator, Hapara Certified Educator, Founder of TeachTechPlay and Creator of the Genius Hour Fair.
- Classroom implementation of digital tools to support teaching and learning
- Creative lesson design
- Global learning through connecting and collaboration
- Student voice and feedback
- Project Based learning
- G Suite for Education
- Hapara Teacher Dashboard
- MIE Expert
Clint is a senior secondary English and Digital Technologies teacher, E-learning guide and I.T coordinator at Gilroy Santa Maria College. He is focussed on improving efficiencies in both engagement and outcomes through the use of technology for both teachers and students.
Clint is a Google Certified Educator and is passionate about working with teachers to develop their sense of confidence and creativity when using technology in the classroom.
- Developing strategies to allow for differentiation and engagement of learners.
- G Suite for Education
- Digital literacy and pedagogical practice in staff
- Flipped classroom implementation
Mark is a digital learning specialist and a full time trainer at Using Technology Better. Based in New Zealand with over 10 years experience as digital learning leader in schools, Mark understands what it takes to structure digital learning programmes that ‘flow’ and is known for demonstrating ‘creative learning’ approaches for maximum learning outcomes.
Mark is an Apple PD Consultant, a Google Certified Educator, and experienced with STEM education initiatives and strategies for the new digital curriculum for schools.
- iPads for Learning
- G Suite for Education
- Digital Creative Literacies
- Digital Learning Workflow
- Communication and Social Media Strategy