USING TECHNOLOGY BETTER Community
Get all your questions answered and access our entire library of online training.
WHAT IS THE UTB COMMUNITY?
The UTB Community is an online place designed to support and train you in the best way to use technology.
The community is a place for you to come and access training and resources, get your questions answered and collaborate with other teachers....when it suits your schedule.
You can watch the video above to see what is in the community
WHO IS THE UTB COMMUNITY FOR FOR?
A Place For Teachers:
This community is the ideal place for primary, secondary and tertiary teachers who want to use technology better and increase the engagement and motivation of their students.
If you are new to using technology, or would consider yourself to be comfortable using technology in the classroom, you will benefit from our team of experts as well as the opportunity to collaborate with other like minded educators.
LEAD TRAINER AND FOUNDER OF USING TECHNOLOGY BETTER
WHO IS MIKE READING?
Mike Reading is the only teacher in Australia and New Zealand to hold the highest endorsed trainer status with Microsoft and Google.
Mike is a 'Microsoft Education Master Trainer' and Google Certified Teacher and Trainer.
This has enabled Mike to work with every possible type of school technology environment and understand the unique challenges all classroom teachers face.
Mike’s team of trainers also hold the following certifications: Apple Distinguished educator, Google Certified Innovator, Google Certified Trainer, Microsoft Master Trainer, Microsoft Peer Coach, Microsoft Innovative Educator.
HOW WILL THE UNLIMITED SUPPORT PROGRAM HELP YOU?
- Reduce frustration trawling the internet looking for answers
- Access advice on the latest technology available to schools by people who aren't trying to sell you anything
- Access our video training library any time
- Easily find other teachers who want to collaborate with you on teaching or class projects
- Raise up and empower tech champions from within your staff and student population
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS INSIDE THE UNLIMITED SUPPORT PROGRAM?
- How to videos - showing you clearly how to use the right technology the right way.
- A forum - all our posts are organised into easy to understand categories, and our built in search engine will make it easy to find answers.
- Expert trainers and coaches - Got a question? Ask an expert Google, Microsoft or Apple Trainer. Or better still, ask the community of teachers for their advice and help.
- Find a teacher - The ability to easily find teachers who teach the same subject and grade as you.
- Access to our monthly live webinars - These live training sessions are for community members only. You choose the topic, we organise the experts.
- The latest updates and freshest training - Everytime we run a training course, record a new video, create a new resource you can be sure that it will be added to our community.
- Certificates of attendance for your PD time - When you complete a training, we will provide you with a certificate that you can use towards your ongoing teacher accredtation.
DO I HAVE TO PAY, OR CAN YOU INVOICE MY SCHOOL?
If you choose an annual membership, we can invoice your school. You will also have the opportunity of a further discounted rate when selecting the yearly option.
If you choose the monthly option, you will need to pay via credit card.
WHAT HAVE OTHER TEACHERS SAID ABOUT MIKE'S TRAINING?
The following testimonials have been taken from unsolicited emails:
Josh Harding, Head of IT - Cobham Intermediate School
Shaun Hardy, Technological and Applied Studies Teacher – Coffs harbour High School
Ailie Granger - Griffith High School
Vicki Nation, Chair Mathematics Faculty - Billanook College
Kim Naylor - St Mary's Catholic Primary School
Ken Sullivan, Sunning Hill School (Juvenile Correctional Centre)
Kiki Tsoli, Bankstown Senior College
HOW MUCH IS THE UNLIMITED SUPPORT PROGRAM?
You'll see in the table below that we have two types of membership:
- The Single Membership entitles one person to access the community. This is best suited to individual teachers who are looking to develop their professional practice and collaborate with other teachers.
- School PLN Package entitles your school to enrol as many staff as you like into the community.